You've come to the right place. Welcome to Bens world!

« Home | A House? Maybe » | I've hired a Realtor! » | Chicago, Chicago, my kind of town! » | Cedarville: 5 years later » | El Weekend de Football » | Jugs or Nuts » | Out and About » | Kyle is a Girly Man » | The Mama and the Papa » | The Trip Around The Lake (Erie that is!) » 

Sunday, December 17, 2006 

1510 Eaton St. Berkley, MI It Is!

Well we officially signed the purchase agreement this week, so starting Jan 5th, I take ownership of my first ever home. While I won't actually be taking pocession of the home at that time, I'm getting pretty excited. The guy selling the home will be renting in back from me at a pretty decent rate, and after a month the rent increases 50% so I'm hoping that by the end of January/early February, I should be moving. I went through the home with a home inspector yesterday, and while nothing major was found, its amazing how many little things that need done on an older home. My mind is already starting to race thinking of all the little things I'd like to do, and all the things I'm going to have to buy. I don't own any lawn maintenence items, heck I don't even own a stepladder! I'm also debating on how much furniture I'd like to pick up right away and how much can wait for later. I currently own enough stuff to pretty much fill up a living room and bedroom, so there might be some extra floor space for a while. Here are some photos of the place:

The upstairs bedroom which will I will probably make the main bedroom. It even has a small walk in closet. Not too bad for a bungalow. A lot of these have side walls so short you can't put a bed against the wall.

















Here is the main floor living room, which I think I might try to keep just as a sitting area, without a TV.
This room in the basement I am heavily considering turning into my TV/Entertainment area. Not too sure about it being downstairs though.

A nice office type room in the basement. I'm sure some serious boardroom decisions will be made here.The basement bathroom (might need some more color) and laundry room.
















The 2 main floor bedrooms.


















The main floor bathroom (this definetly will be one of my first main projects). Notice the nice window in the shower and yes the bottom is frosted.



















The kitchen. I'm sure some glorius feast will take place here. I actually see myself cooking more with my own home, but we'll see.
















A couple more outside pictures, the garage needs a little something to jazz it up and maybe a little more landscaping in the rear of the house.

Ben it is so cute!!!! Congratulations!!!! Houses are a LOT of work but it is well worth it :) Congrats Ben!!!

Chris & Lia

Nothing but cool, Ben, congratuations! Hope to see you over the holidays.

Post a Comment