You've come to the right place. Welcome to Bens world!

« Home | I'm a Local Detroit Celebrity! » | Is This Kid Ever Going To Do Another Post? » | Some Friends, Some Family, And A New Year » | 1510 Eaton St. Berkley, MI It Is! » | A House? Maybe » | I've hired a Realtor! » | Chicago, Chicago, my kind of town! » | Cedarville: 5 years later » | El Weekend de Football » | Jugs or Nuts » 

Saturday, May 05, 2007 

I used to be so good at this

I really used to be good at blogging, I really was. Every week I could come up with something witty and refreshing (at least in my eyes), and it was easy. Anymore it seems like its all I can do to sit down and dedicate some time to it. I will definitely say that this home ownership thing has shifted my priorties in life. Mostly in a good way. I only watch a couple of hours of TV a week, and I will also say I'm a bit less lazy than I used to be. Granted there is a lot more to do, so I really didn't have a choice, but I will say I'm definitely enjoying it. The picture above is what the front of my home currently looks like, I planted my first ever flowers (the yellow pansies) and I believe they already may be dead or at least severely struggling! Everything else is coming along nicely though and I finally bought my first ever mower last weekend (a big moment in a mans life by the way, third behind having a child, and getting married). Well anyway, here are some highlights of the last month or so, some you may enjoy, others you may not.

Continuing on with the house theme, I managed to get rid of an old green shed that was sitting behind my garage. How do you get rid of a shed you might ask? Non other than craigslist.com. I put the thing up at midnight for free and by 9:00 am the next morning I had 25 replies. In fact I had so many replies that I sent out an e-mail at 5:00 that night and within 30 mintutes it was gone. It is quite the site to see someone driving down the road with a 6'x6'x6' steel shed handing out of their truck, but anyway its gone, and I now have to decide what I want to do with the space. I'm thinking patio funiture, but so far have not been able to find anything I like. Its not a huge space, and I also need to decide what to do with the fireplace, as well as some other nice touches. Its not in bad shape, but at the same time needs a little work. I just found out its illegal to have open fires in my town (pretend you didn't see that photo), so I'm slightly heading towards turning it into a charcoal grill. Or my other option is to continue using it as a fireplace until I get my first ordinance violation.

Managed to attend my first Tigers game the other week. My friend Meghan from California was in the other week and we had a blast. I hadn't seen her in a couple years, and had forgotten how much fun we had had, back when she was an intern in my group at GM. I'm hoping to get out to see her in August in LA and then head down to San Diego for a couple of days. She was in charge of getting tickets and somehow managed to score tickets 11 rows right behind home plate, which made for one of the better games I have seen in a while. Last time I saw a game with her however we had a couple offer us 1st row tickets right on the third base line.

Kyle and I managed to make it to the Our Body, The Universe Within exhibit down at the Detroit Science Center. I don't know how many of you have heard of these type of exhibits but they are quite powerful. People have bascially donated their bodies to science and they have becomed plastizied. For some reason the bodies on display were all Chinese, and were displayed in vaious forms of disection. I was a bit apprehensive before we went, but it wasn't nearly as gross as I had imagined. The worst thing I saw was an entire piece of human skin on display that I can only liken to a bear rug, except with human skin.

I finally got my couches for my living room, which is still a work in progress. I really like them, and they ended up going on sale for another 1100 dollars off after I bought them. After a couple of days on the phone with Macy's I was finally able to get the price I bought them for reduced to the sale price. I still need to get a new end table and a console table for this room, along with a rug and some artwork, but I'm very happy with how its turning out. I'm thinking of pop art for the walls, something along the style of Andy Warhol or Roy Lichtenstein. Should look good when its finished. Speaking of art work I did a little piece of my own the other night. I made a huge collage with every sporting event ticket I've ever gone too. Almost 13 years worth. It turned out pretty nicely and I had planning on doing one for several years now. It was pretty neat to go through the tickets and all the memories they brought back, the different people I had gone with. I'm guessing I was missing a couple, but it turned out to be quite a few tickets.

Ben your house is so cute!! You've done an amazing job with it! I love the new furniture :) If you get really bored, come and visit us in Columbus and you can help me plant my own flowers :) My yard looks like crap since Laura left :)

Good to see an update!
Lia

Post a Comment